Kale Me Anytime
This salad has converted the biggest kale-haters of all time to gigantic lovers. While it's super healthy it's also incredibly delicious and works for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The addition of pan-friend haloumi or poached eggs also make it really filling.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 large handful almonds or other nuts
- 3 stalks of mint or coriander
- 3 stalks of continental parsley
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil (my pick is Cobram Estate)
- Himalayan salt
- Haloumi – sliced and pan fried until golden
- Natural yoghurt – a dollop on top
- Avocado – chopped and added at the end
- Poached eggs
Strip the kale leaves off the stems, finely slice and place in large salad bowl. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the kale, add a generous drizzle of oil, season with salt to taste. Massage together to soften the kale.
Slice the broccolini, from stems to florets, into small pieces. Don't worry too much about how it looks but the smaller the better for those newer to raw broccolini. Sprinkle on top of the kale.
Lightly toast the nuts in a non-stick pan (or keep them raw) and roughly chop. Pick the leaves off your mint and parsley and roughly chop. Add both to the salad, season with salt and pepper and voila! Done.
PS. Kale keeps in the fridge for a couple of days even after it's dressed, so this salad keeps on giving!