Get Figgy With It Salad
Figs are at their most lush at the very end of summer, and this salad demonstrates that when you have good quality ingredients you don’t have to do much to make something mouth-wateringly good. I’ve added some punchy little tomatoes, basil and bocconcini as a nod to the respect that Italians pay their produce.
INGREDIENTS FOR ONE
- 150g chicken breast, pan fried, BBQ’d or grilled
- 1 cup baby rocket (or a combination of baby leafy greens and radicchio)
- ½ fresh fig, cut in half, then into thin wedges
- 2-3 baby bocconcini balls, torn into strips
- 6 grape tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- 6-8 large basil leaves, torn
- 8 hazelnuts, chopped
Optional: Tear fresh prosciutto into strips and drape over the top
- 1-2 tbsp of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Cook the chicken and allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing or shredding. Place rocket in bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss lightly before adding tomatoes, basil, bocconcini and hazelnuts. Top with chicken and fig, then finish with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste.